Monday, February 2, 2009

How to make homeschooling easier



width=”134″
Hopefully I'm doing this right!

Well, here goes anyway. In my short experience with large families - my oldest is just 9, I have found that life runs a lot smoother if I will plan ahead. You probably already know this. However, use it as a reminder.

Here's my example. This past Friday, I had the kids assignments written out and gave them a timeline. 8:00 Math, 8:30 Spelling....You get the picture. Very little arguing, and it was all done in a timely manner.

Today, there was no timeline, no written schedule and complaints and weaping were the norm. Hmmm....guess what I need to do from now on.

Now, I know some of you don't like a schedule, but it works for me!

Also, if you have a baby that insists on being held, then get a Maya wrap. It is a wonderful thing, and they transfer very easily to a crib once they've been walked to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. How old are the kids? I have an 8yr. old,6 =, 4, almost 2, and one due here on March 4th. 2 boys and 2 girls. I find my 8 yr. old struggles on a "do it yourself" schedule. Of course she is a little slow and still can't read.
    How did you get yours on this schedule? Did they adjust easily or did it take time?

    Thanks for the Maya sling idea for my next one. I will have to check it out because my last one insisted on being held most of the time!

    Have fun with your blog! I will come back to check you out! And I LOVE the name Swords and a Doll!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete